No Shave November
No Shave November is a month long journey in which participants forgo shaving to raise cancer awareness. French Hospital Medical Center invites you to put down your razor and join us as we help grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose.
The rules are simple: put down your razor for 30 days and donate your monthly shaving expenses. Or donate in honor of someone participating in No Shave November.
All No Shave November funds raised will support the Hearst Cancer Resource Center (HCRC) at French Hospital Medical Center. The Center offers all services free of charge and provides supportive and educational services necessary for cancer patients to understand their disease, tolerate treatment, and maintain dignity and quality of life throughout all aspects of their cancer experience. Learn more about the HCRC>
Here's How You Can Get Involved
Make the Pledge
- Make a pledge to not shave for the month of November (trimming is ok!)
- Already have a beard? Shave it on November 1st and start from scratch!
- Ask your friends and family to pledge $1 (or more) for every day that you don’t shave.
- Share your No Shave story on your social media channels – post pictures of yourself on November 1 and periodically update your pledgers with photos of your growing beard (and/or mustache).
- On November 30, you’ve accomplished your goal! Share final picture of yourself with your pledgers and ask them to send in their donations to support cancer patients and the HCRC (see the donation information box below).
Sponsor a Participant or Make a General Donation
If getting hairy isn’t your style, support someone who has made the No Shave November pledge or celebrate No Shave November by making a contribution to the HCRC. Donations of any amount are appreciated.
For more information, Contact Us.